Work with a Qualified Design-Build Contractor
Dade Construction Corp. has built and maintains strong relationships with South Florida’s top architects, interior designers, and engineers to deliver the most effective building design and contracting.
These relationships mean we can offer a complete turn-key solution to building projects, so we can complete your job on time and within the set budget.
What Is Design-Build?
Design-Build is a project delivery system in which the design and construction services are contracted by a single entity known as the design–builder or design–build contractor. In other words, design–build relies on a single point of responsibility contract and is used to minimize risks for the project owner, and reduce the delivery schedule by overlapping the design and construction phases of a project.
This approach carries the clearest contractual remedies for the client because the Design-Build contractor will be responsible for all of the work related to the project, regardless of the nature of the fault.
Additionally, the design–build procurement route changes the traditional sequence of work. It achieve the client’s desires for a single point of responsibility, which helps to reduce risks and overall costs.
What are the Advantages of a Design Build-System?
Design-Build offers many unique benefits and advantages for the project owner.
- Achieve faster completion on the project, whether in office construction, warehouse, or other commercial building.
- It is easier to get more accurate time and budget estimations.
- It reduces friction between the different phases of a project because the same people oversee the process from start to finish.
- The architect and contractor can work together as a team, which means the project owner can focus more on the overall scope of the project.
- Since we hold all the responsibility and contractual risk for each aspect of the project, it is easier to stay informed on the details and the progress of the project. (Everything from estimation and preconstruction to engineering and subcontracting.)
It is possible to deliver a completed project while keeping the design separate from the construction, but that can often result in unforeseen expenses and delays, simply because one hand does not know what the other is doing.
The Design-Build method creates a process in which your team will have knowledge of every aspect of the project and will be able to project and deliver on a far more accurate timeline and budget estimation.
Contract Types Include:
- Guaranteed Maximum Price Contracts
Contact us today to learn more about this process or to get a free, no-obligation consultation on your project.